Off the Beaten Track Hotspots around the World: Interactive Map Guide
One thing no one likes when travelling is hoards of other tourists at the same place, taking the exact same picture you are. Rather than following the crowd, why not explore somewhere new and exciting that hasn’t been trampled underfoot by millions but is just as beautiful or extraordinary? We’ve gathered together a list of places around the world that are lesser-known, for your ultimate travelling experience.
Use our map to discover out of the way destinations that are:
- Off the beaten track.
- Quieter than tourist hotspots.
- Quirky places offering something different.
- Pinpoint location information for you to log, share and use.
We’ve showcased places on the map that are less known, unusual and spectacular. These destinations offer beautiful views, waterfalls, hidden secrets and extraordinary sights. You can see the map below.
View map here:
How to use the map:
- Click the camera icon and you can see the place/attraction/landmark.
- From there, you’ll see a brief description on what you have clicked.
- Take note of the location for your own records or for your next holiday trip.
- A video of the place will pop up, to give you a glimpse of what it is. Click the image and the video will start playing.
- Simply navigate through the world map to discover those quiet hotspots.
View our collection of the most beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, crazy and unusual sights the world offers. We’ve provided three options in each chosen destination.
Most people these days look for that ‘perfect’ holiday shot for their online collection. We saw how desirable ‘Instagrammable’ holiday pictures were becoming. We saw the big influence Instagram had. Our survey showed how 40% of people were booking their holidays based solely on how good it would look on their Instagram.
Rather than looking simply for the most photogenic destinations, we thought we’d do a spin on the stereotypical ‘Instagrammability’ places and pictures. Rather than Times Square in New York, try the Joker Stairs; instead of the Pyramids of Giza, check out Desert Breath; and rather than Mount Fuji, visit the Vine Bridges of Iya Valley.
Did you find something unique and interesting on the map? If you like what you see, record all the information you need for your next holiday trip.
Do you know of a hidden gem that you would like to share? Let us know in the comments and we will add it to the map.