Start a Quote Renew an existing policy

Overseas Property Insurance for a Holiday Home, Villa or Apartment

Most villa and holiday home owners are confused when choosing overseas property insurance - should you choose a locally sourced policy or a UK based insurer? A cheaper local policy often seems like the best option because you assume the insurer understands the market. However, foreign property insurance traditionally provides inadequate protection from the major perils that holiday homes abroad face.

Local insurance policies also have their own labyrinthine complaints and claims procedures, and unlike the UK, customers of these foreign providers generally do not have recourse to the equivalent of an ombudsman or the FSA to solve disputes. Consequently, choosing holiday home insurance abroad is risky.

Schofields provides overseas holiday home and villa insurance for the following countries - select your option to view the policy details:

Why choose a UK based insurer?

With a UK sourced policy you don't have to worry about obscure foreign laws, regulations and language barriers. At Schofields our insurance provides comprehensive cover tailored to each country and the associated insurance risks your holiday home abroad faces.

Our overseas property insurance provides comprehensive protection when your property is left unoccupied and includes essential cover for holiday letting. Should the worst happen, we have a team of experienced claims experts on hand to assist.

Please note that an insurance policy provides cover for a list of specified perils, the policy does not provide unlimited cover for every eventuality or maintenance related issues.

See how much you could save!

Click here to start your quote
5 starsIndependant 5 out of 5 Service Rating1722 reviewsFeefo Stuck? Confused? Looking for Help? View our FAQ section, packed with tips and help