Flood advice for holiday home owners
The recent major flooding incidents in Cumbria and Cornwall have highlighted the destruction that floods cause. With the wettest month in the UK being December, the worst could be yet to come.
Comprehensive insurance policies cover flood damage, so if you have been flooded contact your insurer immediately to inform them of the situation and to obtain assistance.
Below is some advice on steps to take to be aware of flood risks in your area and how to minimise flood damage to your holiday home.
- What to do if your home is flooded
- How to check for flood warnings
- How to check if a home is a flood risk
- Best resources to monitor UK weather warnings & flood alerts
- Flooding victim? How to make an insurance claim
There are concerns that flooding will increase following the Goverments cut to the flood defence budget – be prepared.